Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Beware!

Beware before reading--this post contains a large amount of bitching.
Ya, know people really irritate me!
I have to pass this test to be admitted to teacher ed. I can't take classes this summer until I pass the test. I can't go any further until I pass this test. This test is ruining my life!!!!!!!!!!!
The testing office opened at 1:30 yesterday. School started today. I have taken one of the tests 3 times, yes 3 times! (C-base test) $40 I pass the writing part with flying colors, I didn't finish the reading or math parts.(there was no time to finish) My school had never given this test before so me and some other guinea pigs were the first. They told me that I passed the reading part and the writing part. I never bothered taking the reading again. I took the math part again-another $28bucks and did better, but still no pass, and made sure I answered every question regardless if I knew what the hell they were asking. I then take the PPST math- $85bucks and come within two points of passing, then they tell me, "Um, you didn't pass the reading" I'm like, "Well why didn't you tell me this before? Do I look like I enjoy spending all of this money? I'm not taking all of this for my health!" I then take the C-base reading and they talk me into taking the math part again telling me it is only 5 more dollars-ok another $40 for these. I pass the reading, of course not the math. I took my Math 304 this past semester and make a "B", but oh no still not good enough. I had made a "C" in College algebra after being out of school for 14 years-sue me for not knowing how to figure 2a-3b=(c+a)=b. WHO CARES????? Anyway to add more to my everbitching---I find out yesterday I HAD to pass the test yesterday to be able to enroll for school today. I had studied all weekend for this just in case I was to take it, I drive the hour to school take the test $85- and miss it by "1" point. They still won't accept it. And yes, I did smoke a cigarrette this morning. I deserved it. I called them and of course the person I need to speak to isn't there, I know she has "passed" people through her 2 or 5% window before but noooooooo she's not there when I need to talk to her. I am going to get a job this summer and not mess with it.
Total spent: $278.00!
later!

1 comments:

Irish Divinity said...

ouch!!