Friday, May 06, 2005

Our "Bells" Experience

Let me tell ya, yesterday was a loooooooong day!
It all started out getting to my son's 4th grade class at 8:00am. We left around 8:30ish, got on the bus on our hour and 1/2 drive to Tulsa. We got there and divided into our groups. Brady and his little group rode the bumper boats first thing. As soon as the got finished with them,
Brady's friend was standing on this "grate" on the sidewalk. The other end of it was sticking up out of the ground, Brady turns around to walk over toward me and trips over it. His knee and weight of his body (90lbs) falls onto his knee on the grate. It was not a pretty site. It started bleeding terribly and I thought oh great this is all he has been talking about for two weeks now was going to Bells. The first aid lady came and cleaned it and put neosporin and a big bandage on. We then sat there about an hour put another bandage on it, and went to lunch. It finally stopped bleeding some and he wanted to ride some rides. He rode and rode and 3o minutes before we were getting ready to leave, one of his friends came over and was screaming "Brady is throwing up everywhere" So I am thinking ok, a little yak what could that hurt. But OH NO, not my Brady, he had it all over the front of his shirt and on his shorts. Oh wonderful, what else could go wrong................except having nothing else for him to wear home. :O I took him into the womens restroom and had him take his clothes off, I didn't try to clean the shirt, but washed the front of his shorts off in the sink and tried to dry them with the hand dryer thing. He put those back on and I had him wash off and put my sweatshirt jacket on and zipped him up. Poor thing! He had such a rough day. He slept all the way home on the bus. I went to walmart and got the liquid bandage stuff and this morning it was scabbing over. Yay. I think he would have probably needed stitches if I would have taken him to the doctor.
And that was our wonderful trip to Bells Amusement Park. Oh ya, the Bells people gave us 3 free all day ride tickets.

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

The guy that's buildling our playhouse went on that trip, too. He said it was a blast and a half. *read with sarcasm*

Every month when we go to the dentist the kids start the begging "Can THIS be the year we go there, Mom? PUH-LEASE???" One of these years I'm actually going to have to give in and take them. Driving them by it once a month is kind of cruel I guess. Ach. We also drive by Big Splash. *sigh*

Poor Brady! I heard that stomach bug going around is nasty. Sam barfed yesterday morning in the cafeteria before school even started, so he spent the day at home. But he was fine. I think he just got choked on a tot (too much Napoleon, lol) and just didn't tell the teacher he WASN'T sick, lol. But Gentry's really sick with it now, poor guy. I'll be glad when school's out and the weather warms up and stays that way! Maybe the germs will all die.

Shannon said...

I think Brady rode too many rides. He said he was on the spider? or octopus? the one that spins non stop. The guy didn't let them off of it and started it again and thats when it started. Yuck! We drive by Big splash too, that's it "drive by". Anyway it was quite the long day at Bells. Alyssa and Keith saw "Napoleon" this past weekend, they watched it with mom and Derrel, me and Bray. I reminded them that this is the one you watch all the time. LOL The also watched "Zoolander" which I haven't seen yet. I will have to borrow theirs.