Monday, February 13, 2006

Once a month cooking?

Has anyone ever done the OAMC? Once a month cooking? I am seriously thinking about it. I guess you are able to save a lot of money doing it this way. It would be nice to have a freezer full of food ready to heat and eat. LOL We always around the time it turns 4pm wonder what is for dinner, and then we end up spending at least $15 for dinner. Every night it gets kind of expensive. My mom was so organized --she always had every meal planned. I am turning into a bum. Just don't want to cook or anything. But then I read that someone only spent $150 a month on food for the whole month. It said if you go to the store everytime you get ready to cook a meal you spend more money. DUH thats my life story. I need to get a plan and get organized. I used to make things so easy for myself now it seems I love to make it as hard as it can be. NO more! I am driving myself crazy.
Think I am going to try the OAMC! and see how it goes. It said to at least start with 2 weeks worth.
********************************************
My weeks have been going by so fast. I haven't blogged in awhile. I went to a funeral on Friday of a girl that my parents used to be neighbors with and my sister babysat when she was little. It was a very sad day for the family. She was in a terrible car accident. It is so sad when things like this happen, so sudden.
********************************************
On Saturday I went to a baby shower that my sister was hosting for one of her friends. She got TONS of clothes. She will be the best dressed baby girl in Miami, let me tell ya! She did a very good job on the shower!!
********************************************
We gave Trey lots of Valentine flowers and balloons today.
********************************************
My inlaws are coming on Friday---really Thurs nite but we will see them Friday. They are bringing some of their things down to put in the storage unit. They plan on moving here in May.

Thats about it. I got the room primed last week. Yuk! I hate priming panneling, but it will look so much better.

5 comments:

MamaKBear said...

I haven't tried the OAMC thing, but I've heard of it. Sounds like a good thing...I hate to cook, and would love to be able to just warm something up for dinner.

Sounds like you've been busy!

Happy Valentine's Day! :) Thank you for the sweet anniversary wishes!

Queen Of Cheese said...

I used to make a weekly schedule of chores/meals and on Sunday after church we would shop for the next weeks food. We saved a ton of time and money. Now we eat at the convience store/cafe/gas station/deer check-in in Bluejacket because of basketball. I fully plan to begin the meal planning again. Good luck. Once you get into the routine of it, you'll love it. If nothing else, you'll know the day before what to thaw out!

~ A P R I L ~ said...

I tried OAMC but it didn't work out really. I didn't have enough containers for it. Then I got bored with the same meals over and over and over. I really do like my crock pot. I can cook up a HUGE VAT of chili or beans first thing in the morning and they are yummy for days. Also, I put a pork roast and an onion in the crock, no water, and by 6:00 it's the best thing EVER!

Redneck Diva said...

I would love to have one day a month TO do my cooking! I do a lot of prep and have things in the freezer, but it's not a huge planned out once-a-month frenzy. *sigh* If only there were 8 days in the week and I could have it all to myself.

Redneck Diva said...

The 8th day to myself, that is. That looked wrong after I posted it, lol.