Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Going back to school

I have decided to go back to school. I applied for the asst. secretary job at Nichols elementary, and was called for an interview, which my good, good friend and secretary D.E. there told me I would have gotten!!:( ---but with further thinking I decided to go back to school. I have to pass the wonderfully stupid MATH test that I have taken TOO MANY times to count.

*Actually I have taken the PPST math three times- I missed it by two points, then one point twice. That test is $85 a pop. They wouldn't pass me through because of the "C" I had in college algebra. Even though I had a "B" in my other math 304 for teaching.
*I had taken the C-base math test three times(I hate that test)! at $40 then $28 & $28.

We ordered a PPST book w/cd off of Amazon so I can crash study for this big event! I just want to get it over with and passed so I can go on with my life!
I plan on taking it sometime during the second week of July-Happy Birthday to me!
I talked to one of my advisors, which I say one of mine because my real advisor doesn't advise me to do anything--she usually doesn't know anything, so I go to my "other" advisor that gave me my scholarship. I already have my minor in ESOL. She told me that I can still be on scholarship if I get in this Fall for school.

I have one semester of 13hrs at PSU of my restricted courses and then a semester of student teaching. YAY! I just want to hurry and get finished! If all goes well I will graduate in the Spring of 2007!

I am getting excited! I hope it all goes ok. I have been through too much this past year and need to get moving again.
c-ya

3 comments:

MamaKBear said...

Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Politically Homeless said...

You go girl. Who knows...maybe some day we'll end up working together!

Shannon said...

Thanks MamaKBear and Brian!
I got my book today and I guess will be studying soon!
Yes, we may be working together sometime. Gotta pass this Math test first!