Friday, August 19, 2005

Finally someone wondering where I am

One of my advisors from PSU called me today wondering why I haven't enrolled in classes for the fall. Made me feel good, someone wondering where I have been and why. She called to ask me why I haven't enrolled for my restricted courses for the semester. Here's the reason: I called Dr.%&*(^ won't mention names on here, but I called her to see if the wonderful CARTE committee had reviewed my request to get into the 5% window, since school starts Monday! She said they had their meeting on Wednesday evening and my request had been denied. I was so pissed off. This is all because of my "C" in college Algebra. I took col. alg. at NEO in the summer from the head of the math dept. I had been out of college for 15 years, and I thought a "C" was pretty dang good for being out that long and taking it in the summer from the head of the math dept.!!!! Anyway I was pissed. My advisor that I talked to today I totally love, she is the one that gave me my scholarship for my minor, and she was concerned about my classes. Ok, so I have decided to take my algebra class over again at NEO this semester, and I am going to substitute teach. I am going to make a "B" if it kills me. Should be easier than in the summer though. And I will have my sister, Alyssa tutor me, since she is the math whiz in the family, and she is in Miami now.
If they give me any problems about my "B" average after I do this class, since I already made a "B" in Math 304 for teachers, and they make me take the PPST math test again, I am not taking it, I will write a letter to the dean about discrimination. I am not taking it again.
Ok, enough griping.
My dog must really trust me to sit right under the computer chair, knowing I could roll over an ear or a leg at any time. She weighs about 90 lbs.
Oh, Courtney, for some reason my computer won't let me reply to your blogs. I don't know why!! Hope your year goes good, teacher! Kids are so funny especially when they say damn! :) Good luck on your garage sale, and I will see you at the fair. We (animal welfare society) are having a booth too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, so good with school! I am so sorry that the committee denied your request. I think that if you can manage a C in college algebra, you are brilliant! I barely pulled out a C. I would have had a D, but the instructor promised extra credit to students that didn't miss a class. The extra credit brought me up to a C. Put your app. in at Fairland to sub! See you at the fair.

Courtney

Shannon said...

Hey Courtney!
Yes, I was very mad they wouldn't let me through again. Dr. Sp#%$@ made it clear that her GA could tutor me for my test, but her GA is really not very friendly, and I know that she is so good at math that I wouldn't learn anything from her. It makes me mad that they think everyone should be good at math. Why not have us take a science test??? I'm good at science!! :) I am taking college algebra over again at NEO, I had my first class yesterday. I hope I can pull a "B" out.