Thursday, April 20, 2006

Good or Bad?

I have been subbing at the middle school this week. I am wondering when the kids are coming in saying, "Oh Good, our favorite sub is here" is this a good thing or a bad thing?? I do let them talk some and try to keep them quiet--they get their work done or I make them turn them in unfinished with their name on it and then they can explain to the teacher why they didn't get it finished. I do write names down to give to the teacher and Monday when one 8th grader punched another one in the face, and then he threw a book at him I did call down to the office for the principal. He wasn't there but a coach came up to deal with them. I don't let them get away with much. I know they like to talk and thats fine, but when they start running around the room, coloring their teeth with black sharpie pens, foul language, not listening---ok that gets their name down on my sheet! I guess its good that they like me. I like the middle school, they crack me up! I'm just not ready for Brady to be there next year. I still think 6th grade is too young to be at the middle school.
I have transitional 1st grade on Friday, so that will be a change for me.

2 comments:

Irish Divinity said...

My daughter goes to middle school next year and I am so not ready! 6th grade should not be at the middle school!!!!! Have fun with T-1 monday.

Shannon said...

Will she be here in town at the middle school? I am not looking forward to it at all.