Wednesday, November 30, 2005

One big gripe!

My son has a new teacher that replaced his former one-that we miss terribly!! His former teacher left to persue a new job. His new teacher has assigned so much homework it is unreal. Like I want to spend over an hour at night some nights just trying to help him with his homework. (AND I AM GOING TO SCHOOL TO TEACH!) Anyway today he brings Math homework home--and y'all know how much I LOVE math. OMGosh. He has no clue how to do it. I asked Brady, "Did she explain any of this to your class?" He says, "No" "She told us to look over the pages and do the problems and if we have questions she will help us." So now I am getting really upset. Are we expected to teach the lessons to our kids at home? He told me last week he had a question and she never even got over to him to answer it. How are they supposed to learn? He has been so positive in school until now. He acts like he doesn't care as much as he used to. And he's a straight A student!! I guess I will have to work extra hard with him this year and make sure he gets everything done and turned in. AAAHHH!!!!!
Like I have anything else to do on bedrest or should I say house arrest.
Courtney-hope your doggie is doing better!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! She is much better.

Courtney

~ A P R I L ~ said...

MWH is in middle school and it's pretty much over my head. Math sucks.

Queen Of Cheese said...

We have a teacher like that in our school too! She sends the work home for the parent's to explain and then she "reviews" it in class the next day.