Saturday, December 10, 2005

We received an early Christmas Present!!!



Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We received an early, wonderful present this year!! I went to Walmart on Monday (5th) and rode the scooter thing around. April--I think I saw you there but you had already walked by and away before I knew for sure if it was you or not. ANYWAY, Tuesday (6th) morning I woke up at 4:30am and my water broke. I ran to the bathroom, woke Steve up and told him. We woke Brady and rushed to the hospital because if I went into labor with the cerclage in Trey wouldn't have any way to get out and it would not have been a good thing. My doctor came to the hospital and did an ultrasound and noticed one of Trey's feet down by my cervix which she had to keep checking to make sure he wasn't actually kicking out. I didn't really have any cervix left- just where the stitches were. They life flighted me to Tulsa Hillcrest again in the helicopter and took me straight to the OR and did another U/S and then did my c-section. Trey was born before my mom, sister, Steve and Brady could get there. He was at almost 28 weeks, he weighed 2lbs 12oz (almost 3lbs) and is 15.5 in long. He's in the neonatal icu unit right now at Hillcrest. He's doing very good, he's only on a c-pap machine to make sure he remembers to breathe and has a pic line so he can take his meds. He has a small heart murmur which they said is common with preemies but they have given him some medicine to close the valve. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and we went today to bring him some milk (I'm pumping) and we took some pics while he had his c-pap off his face.
Anyway he is doing very good and thought I would let everyone know!! :) Say a little prayer for him if you will. Thanks!!! I'll keep everyone updated on news..

5 comments:

~ A P R I L ~ said...

WOO HOO! He's a cutie! So tiny..... Yes, I'll be praying for both of you! I'm so glad that he's doing ok though and that you're doing ok too! How exciting for you, wow. Oh, no, that couldn't have been me at Wal-Mart on Monday, I went straight from work to WRMS to work the concession stand then straight from there to Buffalo Run. But, I could be wrong... maybe I went at lunch? Oh well, either way, I'm so happy for you!! Oh, here's a bonus! You get to claim him for your 2005 taxes! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Alyssa has been keeping me up to date. I am so happy for your family. Sounds like he's a tough little guy. Take care. If you need anything please let me know!

Courtney

Redneck Diva said...

TaterSis told me and Starlit told her and all I can say is WOW!! He's gonna be one tough kid for sure! You are all in my prayers and Mom and Sis are praying as well. If there is ANYTHING we can do, let us know please!!

Irish Divinity said...

Congratulations!!!! WOW!! He's so sweet! Take care and I'll be praying for you guys!

Queen Of Cheese said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything seems to be ok! Hope you get to bring him home for Christmas!