Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oh my wonderful BP

As I said in another post, I started my new blood pressure medicine last Saturday. I had the worst headache and felt weird but I thought I was getting sick along with everyone else. Sunday my hands were swelling a little-still had the headache and that night. Monday-light headed, etc. (still thought I was catching something) Tues-felt better, Wed-felt swollen and puffy, face felt puffy, lips felt swollen and puffy. I looked online at my bp medicine. It said "Do not take if you are allergic to sulfa drugs". I am allergic to sulfa. Wonderful! It also said if your lips start swelling and face, etc contact your doctor immediately an allergic reaction could be fatal. Here I am thinking, Oh great I am about to die. I didn't call the dr. immediately. (I have had enough of hospitals lately and knew they would just stick an IV in my arm). I drove to moms to see if I could check my bp to see if I was dying or not. They weren't home and were not answering their cell phones either. Couldn't find their bp checking machine. I called my Dr. and told her I didn't think my medicine was working very well. She called in another one. I drove to Walmart to check my bp and it was borderline. Thats good for me. I walked around, picked out a paint color for my kitchen cabinets. I started losing my puffiness and I went to pick Brady up from school..
My newest (third) bp medicine has given me a headache. I want my first one back, at least I felt normal and not with my head pounding.

My friend Cheryn called me tonite! I haven't heard from her in ages!! Yay! We went to college together-she is a teacher, which I would be now if I would have stayed in school with her.
My friend Michele called me last night. We talk quite often. She lives in Wisconsin.

I am going to go try to do my Turbo Jam workout tape. My head is hurting but Brady and I ate Pizza Inn buffet tonite and I really need to get back into some of my other clothes.
cya

3 comments:

Carmel said...

Well, I'm glad you didn't die! And hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. It helps to have loved ones (Brady) and friends to keep your mind off not feeling so great.

Good thoughts...

~ A P R I L ~ said...

Hubby is allergic to EES, it's amazing how little doctors/pharmacies pay attention! Glad you're feeling better!

MamaKBear said...

I'm allergic to sulfa drugs too...found that out when I had a nasty kidney infection.

Glad you're feeling better! :)