Saturday, January 07, 2006

Thanks everyone

Thanks you all for all of your prayers and continued ones for our family. I thought this would start getting easier, but lately it is very hard. I am ok when I am around family-talking and everything, but at home I am usually a mess. I feel like my heart has been yanked out and stomped on repeatedly. I just don't understand. I am going to vent so bare with me........ I am 39 yrs old, why give me a baby and then take him away right after??? I have already had two miscarriages before Trey. WHY? The book I am reading, "When GOD doesn't make sense" by James Dobson, says there are a lot of things we will not know the meaning of until later on. I know everything is supposed to happen for a reason, but I didn't want my baby to leave us. ~ Am I being selfish? Ya, I guess so. ~ I am a Christian and I am trying to understand all of this, but believe me it is so hard.
I am going to leave it at this for now. We had decided to adopt before I got pregnant with Trey. We still plan on doing this sometime soon.

Thanks you guys! I appreciate everything!!!

3 comments:

~ A P R I L ~ said...

shannon, I thought I had your email addy but I don't. I have some friends who lost their son 3 years ago. I'd like to give you their phone number. Email me. aproka@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Love ya, Courtney

Redneck Diva said...

Shannon, you are in my prayers still and will be for a long time. Hon, Dr. Dobson is so right. When we lost our baby - the baby we had tried so hard to have and wanted so badly - I didn't understand and I was so angry. Now, 11 years later, I'm not sure I understand exactly why we lost him, but I'm not angry anymore and I know that my experience has helped several friends through similar times.

A dear friend of mine brought me the book "Empty Arms" after our miscarriage and I have another copy here if you'd like to read it. You won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to, but when you feel ready, let me know and I will bring it to you. It helped me a lot.

Also, feel free to call if you just want to talk.