Sunday, July 09, 2006

The BIG SURPRISE!

We were leaving yesterday at 5pm to go to my inlaws house so I could pick up my present before going to Joplin to eat and walked through the garage and through the kitchen and I saw my grandma's bottom poking out from behind a column and then everyone jumped out and yelled, "Happy Birthday!" I was very surprised!! I never even suspected it at all. My first surprise party in 40 years!

We had the adoption day yesterday and my mom was there and then I told her we were going out to eat and then I had no idea what we were doing. No one had mentioned cake or anything so I had no idea. I thought well maybe we aren't having a party for me. :( LOL...

They had parked on the next street so I didn't see cars or anything. My mom, Steve's parents, grandma, my Aunt Carla, Uncle Ron, Alyssa, Keith, me, Steve and Brady
were there.

I had a GREAT birthday!! I got a plant table for my front porch from Alyssa & Keith, towels from Carla & Ron, some animal figurines for outside from grandma. I received a "In memory of" seat adoption for the Coleman Theatre seating it will say...
"In Memory of Trey Logan Huffman, our little Angel in Heaven" It is on order now, and the plaque that will be on the back of the seat will be coming in soon. I cannot wait to see it. Steve and I had been talking about doing this for some time now, and his parents went ahead and got it for us for our birthdays. Steve's is July 21.

I also got a locket with Trey and Brady's pic's in it. It is very pretty! I got a Tony Stewart towel, and a Snoopy watch and money from Mom.

Steve got me a gift that is very very special! He really surprised me with everything that he did, PLUS..... He got Trey his very own star, from the International Star Registery. It is very cool, he has his very own star named after him.

I had a very emotional birthday. On the card it said, "Happy Birthday Mommy, I will be waiting in heaven for you, always and forever." OMYGosh talk about emotional....

Great Birthday!!!!

3 comments:

MamaKBear said...

What a wonderful day! And girl, if that had been my card, I most definitely would have cried a little.

Glad you had a happy birthday! And a surprise party, how cool! I've never had one...gave hubby one for his 30th though.

~ A P R I L ~ said...

Good grief, now I can't stop crying! I'm SOOOOOO glad you had a good day, YOU DESERVE IT!

Politically Homeless said...

Happy birthday Shannon! I love the idea of a surprise birthday party and that card was so touching.