Thursday, July 20, 2006

I suck again!

Do you ever feel like you've just been sh*t on over and over and over again?
Part I:
I took my test yesterday-been studying for what 2 weeks now. Studied the Barron's book for the Praxis, went over every section and took practice tests, I took 2 online practice tests to get me ready for the computer based PPST test, I took the California CBEST test online practice. I knew how to convert a decimal to a percent, vice versa, fraction to a mixed number to a whatever.
I go in there very ready and upbeat and confident ready to pass the test. I just know I am going to pass it this time!!

Part 2:
I sit down and there is like 4 freakin questions that I can somewhat relate to that I had studied. There was no geometry, maybe 3 algebra, one pie graph, and the rest was useless crap that the answers were all within a .2,.3,.5 span of answers in decimal forms--who the heck cares????
This is not going to help me teach k-6th grade, I'm sorry. Give me Algebra, Geometry, percent, fractions (mult, divide, subt, add) graphs, word problems, something that at least makes sense and not making me guess that I am pulling the right answers out of my butt hoping that they are right and costing me money to take this stupid test that is ruining my life.

Part 3:
I finish the test, running out of time and not answering two questions that I had skipped. I push the button that is determining my scholarship which is running out as I speak. I make a 171---ya, a 171, the same score I have made the last two times. I missed it by ONE POINT, AGAIN!!! I was so pissed. Not upset, just pissed.
I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Either go with Plan B and pull out the big guns? I will be sure and let you all know. :o

0 comments: