Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I am just not a math person

What am I thinking? I went to my college algebra class today, just as confused as always. I do not have the "math" brain in my head. Just about anything else is there, but algebra is not!
I am wondering what I can tell PSU to tell them that I have a math disability. It makes me mad that they let people into teacher education with a "B" average, but when they take the PPST math part they can miss it by like 2-3 pts and they let them in. I make a B, and a C and miss the stupid test by 1 idiotic point TWICE, and it isn't good enough. Ok, so I'm pissed right now. Now I am trying to prove myself taking this stupid class. I am about ready to just find a job and say screw school. I'm 39 years old and taking college algebra. OK, what is wrong with this picture?? All of the people I have been going to school with will be graduating, and then when the faculty or whoever finally think I have suffered enough with this stupid math I won't even want to go anymore. I only want to teach K-4!! It just really makes me mad. Sorry had to vent!!!!

On a brighter note, I went to the doctor this past Friday and saw baby on the ultrasound which was exciting. I don't have another appointment until October.

I am trying to get the house cleaned and straightened. There is a lot to do! I also need to go apply for substituting tomorrow so we have some extra $$ coming in. Can you tell I am excited?? Kids are very different these days, my son was telling me today that some of the kids in his class were mean to the sub that was in the other 5th grade class. fun fun!
Cya

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Don't you love it??? LOL
I don't think they would want me as their algebra teacher. They wouldn't learn much, as I don't have a clue what I am doing. I need to go to a tutor!!