Thursday, September 15, 2005

I've got so much to do

Yesterday I went to eat lunch at school with my son. They grilled hamburgers and the whole school had a picnic. It was a lot of fun, til my son ditched me, a lot of parents were getting ditched by their children so they could go play with their friends. Anyway I spread some of my pregnancy news to my other 39 year old friends, who wished me "Congratulations" and "better you than me's" we had fun, and they thought it was so funny! I then, since I am PTO secretary helped the Prez and Vice Prez roll millions of pennies. The classes are collecting money for Hurricane Katrina to see whose class can collect the most from each side of the school-then they win a pizza party for their class. One class already has $85.00. It ends tomorrow. Guess I better send some money tomorrow!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am working at the Animal shelter today. It was my day off but now I am working. I will have the next two weeks off. I have a PTO meeting next Thursday and my anniversary the next. I found out yesterday someone said that the shelter will only be keeping dogs a week now until being euthenized. This really pisses me off! We need a new shelter so bad, ours only has 16 runs and 3 cat cages- and the animal control officer needs help really bad. They usually keep pets he picks up for three days so someone can claim them and then puts them up for adoption for 2 weeks. The one week thing is going to be really bad, they better not do it! We open the shelter on Thursdays to try to get these animals adopted so hopefully they won't be euthenized. It is very emotional and I have left in tears more than once. It makes me mad when people bring in a whole litter of puppies and the AC officer tells them I have to put some dogs down, we have no room- then the people say "How can you live with yourself?" "Putting dogs down?" HELLO PEOPLE!!! Get your dogs spayed and neutered! You would have no puppies if you got your dogs spayed and neutered we wouldn't have millions of dogs and cats being put to sleep every day because nobody wants them!!! and you can't take care of them!!--------------Sorry had to vent a little!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, We have to set up AWS our booth Friday for "Designs of Autumn" an arts fair they have downtown with art and music and food. I work in our booth tomorrow evening, Sat morning and another shift on Sat too. I want to take Brady to see "Wizard of Oz".
I also have an algebra test to study for. AAAAAAHHH! I am nauseated just thinking about it.

2 comments:

~ A P R I L ~ said...

I saw you at the Designs of Autumn Friday evening but you were talking to somone else and I forgot to come back!!

As for venting at people to tell them to spay and neuter, well I'm right there with you chickie, vent away!

All my animals are spayed (haven't had a male, but if i did they'd be soooooo neutered). It's just the responsible thing to do.

Shannon said...

YAAY April!(spay and neutering)
I was so busy Friday it was unreal. It took us forever to set up! Remember to come by and see me next time!! :)